Posted by Mary Ann Pekara | Posted in Personal Injury News
The odds of dying from a lightning strike are one in 134,906. Are you afraid of dying from strange types of injuries or accidents? You’re more likely to die of disease.
Embed the infographic above with the HTML below
*Please use the above code unaltered or include a citation of this site as the original source.
Heart Disease vs. Drowning
- Odds of dying of heart disease: one in six.
- Odds of drowning: one in 1,103.
Cancer vs. Air Travel Accident
- Odds of dying of cancer: one in seven.
- Odds of dying in an air travel accident: one in 7,178.
Stroke vs. Fireworks Discharge
- Odds of dying of a stroke: one in 29.
- Odds of dying because of a fireworks discharge: one in 652,046.
Firearm Assault vs. Wasp, Hornet, or Other Bee Sting.
- Odds of dying of a firearm assault: one in 321.
- Odds of dying due to a bee sting: one in 79,842.
Motor Vehicle Accident vs. Shark Attack
- Odds of dying in a motor vehicle accident: one in 368.
- Odds of dying by shark attacks: one in 11,500,000.
Falling vs. Flooding
- Odds of dying in a fall: one in 163.
- Odds of dying in a flood: one in 558,896.
Intentional Self Harm vs. Fire, Smoke, Flame
- Odds of dying because of intentional self harm: one in 109.
- Odds of dying due to fire, flame, or smoke: one 1,344.
This infographic has been brought to you by Total Injury.