Injury and Accidents and Their Probability
Many people fear falling from high places, getting into a car wreck or being the victim of another tragic accident. People also fear less common events, like getting struck by lightning.
What are the odds that occurrences like that would happen? What are the chances that you'll die from some of these unusual types of accidents?
Embed the infographic above with the HTML below
*Please use the above code unaltered or include a citation of this site as the original source.
Probability of Dying in Various Accidents:
- Firearms discharge: 1 in 6,609
- Lightning: 1 in 134,906
- Bitten by a Dog: 1 in 144,899
- Fireworks discharge: 1 in 652,046
- Asteroid impact*: 1 in 700,000 (these odds are based on allowing the number of asteroids that can hit Earth as well as how much damage they can do, depending on size).
- Shark attack: 1 in 3,748,067
- Dying on a scheduled plane flight: 1 in 14,000,000
Considering probabilities like these sheds some light on how likely these events are to happen. Who knew an asteroid impact wouldn't be the least likely on this list?
This infographic has been brought to you by Total Injury.